Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thanksgiving in the eyes of 7 year olds

I’m back to blogging! This past month has been pretty much most the most busy month of my life, but so worth it. I taught 2nd grade in Jordan (about 45 minutes away) everyday, came home and went to class at BYU, then went to work.

 I loved teaching. The kids were adorable and it was great to finally be able to put all my training into practice. I learned so much more while teaching.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving and to show how adorable my kids were, I am going to share one of the projects we did. My amazing co-teacher and I split the lesson into two days, and each taught a part. We assigned each student a letter and made a Thanksgiving ABC Book!

 Here are just a few of the pages:







[This one is hard to read. It says, “I am thankful for Unites States of America. because if we didn’t have states we wold not have houses and If we didn’t have crosing gords then we wold get hit.”]


At first I laughed at many of these, but when I read them again I was hit with how true they really are. These young children know what is important in life. Things that each day we keep for granted. Friends! Gravity! Water! Things we do not even think about, but what if they were taken away? The United States. Our houses. The men and women of the United States that work to keep us safe. I truly am grateful for all of those things. I wish I could say I came up with those things on my own, but instead I needed a friendly reminder by some wonderful 7 year olds.

I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work with these wonderful children. I am thankful for each and every one of them.

p.s. yes, I posted this from 30,000 feet in the air. I am thankful for the miracle of being able to fly and still be connected to my friends on the ground!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...