Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sabbath Thoughts.

Many people talk about how they feel insufficient all the time, especially here at BYU. It seems that everyone around you is better, even if you think you are good at something there is always someone that can do it better. I know I have felt this way, and I know many others have too because they fess up all the time (testimony meeting anyone…??) I was thinking about this today and I realized something: yes, that person may be better than me at that one particular thing, but guess what?
They can never BE ME.
No matter how hard they try. The Lord made me how I am suppose to be, and that person I am comparing myself to can never be what the Lord made ME to be. So it doesn’t matter if they got a better grade than me, or can play an instrument better than me, or can bust out a better dance move, I am who I am and I am proud of it.
So take time to thank the Lord today for making you you, and realize that no one can be as amazing at being you as you can.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i really like this thought.

Jen Kerr said...

me too! and i love the new layout/picture! so cute! :)

Rob said...

Great post. Yeah sometimes it's hard to find a balance between not worrying about your weaknesses at all and defining yourself by them. We tend to compare ourselves unfavorably but you're right, we are all very different and unique and we should be grateful for the gifts and blessings God has given to us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...