Monday, September 6, 2010

Roadtrip and Eternity








11 hours. I drove in a car for 11 hours. To most people, this might be a typical road trip, or even a wimpy roadtrip. To me, its the longest road trip I've ever been on in my entire life. [Yes, I was spoiled from my airline employee father]. And, unless you count a couple 6 hour car rides I've been on, it was my first ever. So, to me, this was a momentous occasion! 



Not only was this the longest and only road trip for me, it was also the longest I have ever driven a car. Yeah. I drove 11 hours. All the way there. I'm awesome. [Let's ignore the fact that I almost collapsed from being so tired once we arrived at Leah's house.] 




I drove down with Carrie and Jason Akinaka. We entertained ourselves by music, homework, the GPS ["i think someone hacked in and is actually taking us into the mountains to kill us"], the scenery, the cities ["Penguich? Is that like a penguin sandwich?"], and delicious snacks. 

So why did I drive to Arizona?

 For my roommate of three years to get married and sealed for time and all eternity to the man of her dreams! Leah Marie was such a beautiful bride! 




I had a blast being one of her bridesmaids and being able to participate in the ring ceremony.

Love you Leah! So happy for you! 

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I heard there was also a part about a traffic violation and forgotten proof of insurance...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...