Friday, July 29, 2011

this is why i do what i do.

I got my first taste of the reason I went into teaching.
This comment is from a mom of two of the kids in my daycare class.
These two kids came into my class two weeks ago having never gone to daycare,
and wanting nothing to do with the place. 
The woman said this with such gratitude and sincerity that I almost didn't know how to respond. 

"They adore you. You have made such an impression on them.
Thank you."

To you that don't work with children, maybe this comment does not seem that impactful.
But to me, it was a reminder of why I go through the stress of taking care of children,
and why I am going through the hours of schooling to teach them. 



image via.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That quote really made me think. Thanks for inspiring me to be a better "teacher" this year at school!

Kendra said...

I love this, and I love you. You inspire me too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...