Sunday, January 29, 2012

why didn't I think of this before?

Rock Climbing.

I went on Friday night for the first time since I was in eighth grade.

I loved it.

DUH.

I don't know why I didn't figure it out before? I had plenty of evidence that I would love it.





Exhibit A: When I was 7 years old we had a street light (roughly 20 ft high) in out front lawn. I climbed to the top of it on a regular basis.

Exhibit B: Also when I was 7 years old I took the swings off of our metal swing set and instead used it as a jungle gym and climbed to the top of slash across it. Basically everyday of my childhood summer days.

Exhibit C: At recess in elementary I was always glued to the monkey bars. Many times I was climbing on top of them and swinging back down, just so I could climb to the top again.

Exhibit D: At the end of the street I grew up on was a giant boulder. [Basically everyone in the city used it as a reference point, "Yeah, and then you turn at the big rock..."]. I spent many summer days trying to figure out different ways to climb to the top of that boulder.


So why have I never gotten into rock climbing before?

Beats me.

But now that I've discovered it, I'm not going to stop.

Once I conquer these indoor walls I will move onto the mountains of Utah! 





[I may never be brave enough to do lead climbing 
like this girl, but it does look pretty awesome!]
images via weheartit.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...