Friday, July 6, 2012

Stadium of Fire, Pinterest, and the Start of a Project

Well, first things first. Like everyone else in the blogging world, I have to inform you about my 4th of July festivities!

It's not too exciting. I hardly did anything all day. But my amazing friend Leah (who, by the way, does fantastic custom invites and other designing, which you can check out here) had extra tickets to Utah's big 4th of July celebration- The Stadium of Fire. So my friend and I trekked down to Provo for the show.

Alex Boye hosted, and we were privileged to first hear a short concert by American Idol winner Scotty McCreery, and then....



The Beach Boys! 
Yup, they sang that song. :)

I'd have to say, though, that I was almost more entertained by a group of five college guys that were sitting near us, dressed up as the beach boys and dancing and singing to every song. Totally made my night!

And of course, there was a spectacular fireworks show at the end! Again, sorry about the crappy cell pics... I may or may not be getting a new phone tomorrow... And we were also way too far to actually see the performers in these pictures...

stadium of fire @ everything's hanging on this moment

stadium of fire @ everything's hanging on this moment
[I love how it actually looks like the stadium is on fire here.]

the beach boys @ everything's hanging on this moment

fireworks @ everything's hanging on this moment

Happy Birthday, America!

In other news, I caved.
I got a Pinterest.
Yeah, I know, how did I miss that memo like a million years ago?
I knew it would suck my time, and I was right.
But I so do not regret it!
So you can follow me here, and I will follow you back!

And lastly, remember this inspiration post about refinishing a dresser?
Well, I FINALLY thrifted a dresser! 
I bought a sander today and picked up some paint swatches, so be watching for my progress! 
Pictures to come!

Oh, never mind. One more thing. 
I've also gotten to hang out with this guy this week:


best. nephew. ever. 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...